2017 DIRTY SPOKES GEORGIA OFF-ROAD DUATHLON PRESENTED BY MAXXIS AND BROUGHT TO YOU BY ROSWELL BICYCLES AND SCOTT!
Location: Fort Yargo State Park, Winder, Georgia
Date: March 25, 2017 (Saturday)
Distance: 2 options: 2.1 Mi Run, 10.6 Mi Bike, 2.1 Mi Run Format (Traditional)
OR 2.1 Mi Run – 10.6 Mi Bike Format (Novice)
Course Map: 1st Run GPS | Bike GPS | 2nd Run GPS
Series: Dirty Spokes Georgia Duathlon
Presenting Sponsor: Maxxis Tires
2017 Results: Traditional | Novice
Photos: Wingfoot Photos
We´re excited to present the 8th Annual Dirty Spokes Duathlon at Fort Yargo State Park.
We are thrilled to have Roswell Bicycles and Scott join Dirty Spokes for the 2017 calendar year! FREE Race Entires! Buy any Mountain Bike, or $250 in Scott Merchandise from Roswell Bicycles and get a free individual race entry for the Dirty Spokes 6/3 Hour Mountain Bike Race, May 13th, 2017 or Dirty Spokes Off Road Duathlon, March 25th, 2017!
For Directions (Mapquest): Fort Yargo State Park
Pricing below reflects the Traditional Run, Bike, Run Format. The Novice Category Run, Bike Format is $10.00 off the Traditional pricing (complete details please see our on–line registration page or mail in waiver forms). There will be race day registration (late fees apply ⁄ no guarantee of a t–shirt with late or race day registration).
- Through March 15, 2017 $40
- After March 15, 2017 $45
- Race Day March 25, 2017 $50
- Through March 15, 2075 $60 (per team)
- After March 15, 2017 $65 (per team)
- Race Day March 25, 2017 $70 (per team)
2 Person Male
2 Person Female
2 Person Co-ed
2 Person Adult & Child (Child Must Be 18&Under)
Dirty Spokes is excited to offer Dri Fit Shirts at our races this year! That´s right a $25.00 value with your race registration! To be guaranteed of getting one of these awesome shirts – we recommend you register early (active.com or mail in registration). Again, NO GUARANTEE of a Dri Fit Shirt with late or race day registration.
- 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Race Check-in
- 8:15 a.m. Racers Meeting
- 8:25 a.m. Bikes / Gear Positioned In The Transition Area
- 8:30 a.m. Race Start
- All participants will be required to wear a helmet at all times while riding. Penalty is DQ.
- No outside assistance is permitted at any time during the race. Racers may assist other racers.
- All food and drink for the race must be either carried with the racer or staged in the transition area. There will be no water stops on the course.
- You must run or walk your bike out of the transition area.
- After crossing the finish line, racers will be directed into a finishing chute so that they can be scored appropriately. We will be using "Chip Timing".
- Race numbers must be visible at all times.
- Cutting the course is not permitted. Penalty is DQ.
- The relay exchange will take place in the transition area. This exchange will be done by transferring the timing chip from the runner to the biker.
- In the event of a mechanical, the racer must cross the finish line with his/her bike to receive an official finish time.
- Please exercise caution and good sportsmanship when passing other racers on the trail.
- Teams (2 People)... each person must do atleast 1 segment (run, bike or run).
We will be using "Chip Timing" for this race. Two person relay teams will need to wear a provided timing chip which will function as their "baton" to hand off to their teammate.
Packet pickup will be the morning of the race starting at 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.. Race starts at 8:30 a.m. SHARP!
This is great single and double track off-road running experience. The race will start on the street down by the registration area picnic shelter #5 – entrance "A" (required for spacing) but will soon lead into the woods. The race will be a "run 2.10 Mi ⁄ bike 10.6 Mi ⁄run 2.10 Mi". The terrain is made up of a little bit of everything, rolling hills, single track, double track, roots and some rocks. The course is beautiful and offers something for every runner truly wishing to ´ditch the city´. Nestled in the woods of suburban Atlanta lies a true gem. Once you descend into the woods, you will forget your in the city. As a matter of fact, you will come to know why we follow the creed ´Ditch the City´. Running course (1st leg of the run) will be a 2.1 Mi loop (over the wooden bridge ⁄ right on the gas pipeline ⁄ right next to the lake / back over the wooden bridge). The mountain bike course will be composed mainly of the "outer loop" 10.6 Mi of the Fort Yargo Trail system (clockwise). The 2nd leg of the run will be a 2.10 Mi loop (over the wooden bridge ⁄ next to the lake ⁄ right onto the gas pipline ⁄ right next to the lake ⁄ back over the wooden bridge). We will NOT use the "horseshoe drop", "downhill drop" or the "monster mile" for the mountain bike portion of the course.
Dirty Spokes will be handing out medals and prizes to our overall top 3 male and female finishers. We will also be handing out medals to our top 3 male and female finishers in each age group. Awards will be given out when we have enough finishers in to fill the categories. Medals will be given out to the top three finishers in each category.
RACE DAY VIDEO 2015
RACE DAY VIDEO 2013
RACE DAY VIDEO 2012